Case Study: Stock Price Manipulation Detection-EXEL
Case Study: Generating Alpha Against Social Stock Price Manipulation
A trading overview for generating alpha when stock price manipulation through social media is detected.Company: Exelixis, Inc.
Trade to Execute: Short
Thesis: Based on previous Social Buy Signals, the company reversed each and every time. Social Manipulation Index Volatile over past 1 year. Market Sentiment 60% Sell. Aug 11th Earning Release Date Set - Anticipated Negative Based on Chatter Reduction.
- Aug 3rd 6:35pm - Recommending Short for next day Aug 4th
- Aug 4th Open - $6.25
- Aug 4th Close - $6.62
- Aug 4th Median Short Price: $6.30 (Sell)
- Aug 11th Earning Released - Missed Earnings and reported Quarterly Loss
- Aug 12th Mid Afternoon Price - $5.56
- Aug 12th Mid Afternoon Buy to Cover @ 5.56
- Per share return $0.74
- 11% gain in 8 Calendar days
Download the latest product sheet for the HedgeChatter Dashboard.