CLVSClovis Oncology Could Pass $100 By Year-End: Here’s WhyClovis Oncology Completes US, EU Regulatory Submissions for Rociletinib for Treatment of Advanced EGFR-Mutant T790M+ NSCLCClovis Oncology: Don’t Discount Rociletinib’s Chances Against AZD9291(Seeking Alpha)
A new report by Mizuho analyst Peter Lawson focuses on biotech stocks with major catalysts on the way between now and the end of 2016. Perhaps more than any other sector, biotech stocks move based on major events, and here is a breakdown of what biotech traders should be watching.
1. Clovis Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: CLVS): Clovis should be providing an update on rociletinib at the World Lung conference September 6-9, rociletinib could gain FDA approval and launch commercially shortly thereafter and lucitanib Phase II breast data should be coming at SABCS.
2. Epizyme Inc (NASDAQ: EPZM): Epizyme catalysts include tazemetostat Phase I solid tumor data at ECC in September, and NHL data and updates on strategy and pinometostat combo usage by year-end.
3. Kite Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: KITE): Kite should be providing Phase I data on KTE-C19 at ASH in December and could also provide updates on solid tumors as well as initiate MCL, ALL and CLL trials by the end of the year.
4. Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: MACK): Merrimack has an October 24 PDUFA date for MM-398, but shareholders should also be watching for Phase I MM-398 glioblastoma and pediatric sarcoma data by the end of the year.
5. NewLink Genetics Corp (NASDAQ: NLNK): Key catalysts for NewLink include Phase I indoximod and GDC-0919 data at ECC in September and updates on Phase III studies of IMPRESS and PILLAR.
6. OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: OMED): OncoMed shareholders are waiting for Phase Ib data on ipafricept and vantictumab, as well as Phase I data for anti-DLL4/VEGF.
7. Pfenex Inc (NYSE: PFNX): The biggest upcoming catalysts for Pfenex include Phase I PF530 safety and PK/PD data and initiations of bioequivalence studies for Forteo generic PF708 and Phase I studies of an Anthrax vaccine by the end of the year.
8. Tesaro Inc (NASDAQ: TSRO): Tesaro shareholders are watching for the rolapitant PDUFA date on September 5, as well as niraparib VOVA interim analysis by the end of 2015.
9. Verastem Inc (NASDAQ: VSTM): Verastem’s potential major catalysts include interim analysis of the COMMAND mesothelioma study in Q3 and VS-6063 Phase II data at World Lung in September.
10. ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: ZIOP): ZIOPHARM has upcoming data on IL-12 at the International Immunotherapy Conference in September and Phase I data on IL-12 in glioma at SNO in November.
Latest Ratings for CLVS
© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.