Analysis of people’s perception on Paul Walker’s death
The world watched him with awed eyes when he raced his way past racers in Fast and the Furious series. The unfortunate irony is, he himself died in a car accident. The world mourned when the news of Paul Walker’s death broke out. Even fellow actor, Vin Diesel couldn’t hold on to his tears. The news of Paul Walker’s death is being termed as one of the saddest news of 2013. Interestingly, there were millions of people who expressed their sadness on social media. Paul Walker was the top trend on Twitter for two days even after the actor’s death.
“What are the sentiments of masses on Paul Walker’s death”?
Here are the key findings of the people’s perception based on the sentiment analysis performed using EaseSocial:
• The number of positive and negative posts about Paul Walker’s death were almost the same, which clearly shows that the actor’s fans were wishing for his soul to rest in peace and were extremely sad at the same time.
Noise analysis performed by EaseSocial:
• EaseSocial defines Noise as the number of time a particular keyword has been mentioned in Social Media, “more the mentions more the noise.”
EaseSocial monitored social media responses around Paul Walker in all the major social media networks and found:
• Analysis of social networks clearly showed that users on Twitter topped the charts when it came to grieving about the actor’s death. Facebook and Google Plus users were also active about this heart breaking news.
Preview of user comments found by EaseSocial :
Here are some comments posted across social media networks, EaseSocial shows both the comments as well as the sentiment of the comments: (Every comment has a bar below it, which we call the Sentiment Bar. Longer Green Bar means more Positive sentiments while longer Red Bar means more Negative sentiments)
How posts on Paul Walker’s death were trending across Social Media:
Social media saw millions of people posting about the actors death during the first week of December but the number of posts eventually decreased as days passed by. But as can be seen from the analysis below, posts on Paul Walker’s death again got viral on 24th December.
Who are the Social media Influencers with respect to Paul Walker?
We call those accounts social media influencers, whose posts have gained the maximum popularity across social media. Popularity is represented in terms of likes, shares and retweets.
How Sentiment analysis can be beneficial to brands:
• Engaging your audience on social media is a herculean task. Your target audience may or may not be interested in you postings, blogs and other uploads across social media. Trending topics are always helpful but which of those can actually help you to engage your target audiences is always a tough ask. So, how do you know if your target audience would actually like what you have to say? Well, the simple answer is: Do a sentiment analysis on the trending topics using Ease Social and find out the response on various social media networks.
• EaseSocial also helps you to review the popularity of your previous posts, hourly and daily noise, the social media network which is enabling the maximum penetration to your brands posts and many more helpful statistics.
• Suppose, if a brand wants to associate with Paul Walker, then it should do a quick sentiment analysis about him and understand the public sentiment towards him. If the sentiment is positive then it will be extremely beneficial to associate with him. Hence, EaseSocial can be a powerful medium that simplifies marketing research.
• Sentiment Analysis also provides an opportunity for failing brands to understand where they are lagging and what is it that they need to improve.
You can also download this report from the link given below. Hundreds of users are using Social media sentiment analysis to gain useful insights. Generate your own sentiment analysis reports using EaseSocial. Sign up for EaseSocial today and experience the power of social media.
See original article: